As I am a young adult in a stage of flux and decision-making, those older than me feel the need to bestow their sage words of life wisdom upon me. It's actually kind of nice, when it's not annoying. At school, I have attended numerous lectures on campus given by successful people who love to tell us youthful, inexperienced, ignorant college students how to "make it." Most of it goes in one ear and out the other because I am either already aware or because I am too overwhelmed.
However, recently one of my very favorite professors offered three things to do every day to be successful and happy in life. I love them. I am going to remember his words forever.
He said, every day to make sure to:
1. Engage the Lord.
2. Engage His children.
3. Engage your dreams.
I think that adequately sums up how to be happy and fulfilled. So thank you, Dr. Kirkham.
No comments:
Post a Comment