Lesson number 1: Do not believe everything you read on facebook.
Lesson number 2: Do not believe everything you hear from your doctors.
I was all ready to be leave, bag packed, bed made, sweater on. Mom was assigned to come get me at noon. At 10AM, I got my discharge papers: a thick packet with all my at-home care instructions and a hefty stack of prescriptions. I posted the news on facebook. Only 12 days and I'm out of here! At 11AM, I threw up. Another setback. The doctors came and went, and then came and went again. A typical reaction after a major surgery on the digestive tract, they said. But yet, another delay. They said that they greatly encourage me to stay one more night to monitor the functioning of my bowels. Glamorous, I know.
Well on the bright side, I get this beautiful view for at least one more night. No joke, this is the view of the Williamette River and east Portland from my hospital room. I took this picture on my phone... no filter or editing.
No comments:
Post a Comment