19 May 2013

Day Eleven and the Outdoors:

Today, I feel like myself again. This morning, I was detached from the IV. Today, I am taking all my pain pills by mouth. Tomorrow, I am going home.

Today, Dad and I ventured outside. First time outside in eleven days. It's a typical, cloudy Portland day, but the view from the hospital terrace is still beautiful. And I feel beautiful because I had my first shower yesterday.

All in all, things are going well. However, after walking up a flight of stairs and all the way outside, I was exhausted. Frustratingly, I still have a ways to go to recover. But that recovery can be accomplished at home where there is netflix and real clothing. So life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Debbie! I just barely found your blog and started reading.. I had no idea all of this was going on with you. I wish you all the best! You're in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete