See more here: http://www.wilsoncenter.org/
I will be working as a personal research assistant to two visiting fellows. When they hired me, they gave me a list of five scholars to choose from and naturally I selected the two women. They are both intelligent, distinguished, ambitious women with top credentials.
Alison Brysk. She is a professor of global governance and international studies at UC Santa Barbara. Her research specialities include human rights, law, foreign policy, and female empowerment. Her project at the Wilson Center to which I will be contributing is titled: "Women's Rights as Human Rights: Constructing Political Will."
More here: http://www.wilsoncenter.org/staff/alison-brysk
Erica Marat. She is an expert in security studies of Central Asia, with specific interests in military effectiveness, state-building, defense, nationalism and identity, and political Islam. She has traveled widely, attended graduate school in Central Asia, and currently teaches at Georgetown. Her projects is titled: "Reforming Police Forces in Postcommunist Countries: International Efforts, Domestic Heroes."
More here: http://www.wilsoncenter.org/staff/erica-marat
Finally, the Wilson Center itself. It is part of the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center-- an impressive, expansive, stone complex near the White House on Pennsylvania Avenue. It's beautiful. Here are pictures:
Needless to say, but I'm excited. One step closer to being powerful and important. And one step closer to marrying my rich Senator of a husband.




Congrats! This is awesome!
ReplyDeleteI remember in high school when you were involved in model un... And now look at you! You're really doing it, girl! Go get it! :)
ReplyDelete