08 July 2013

Discouraged and Distraught:

Well, here I am, back in the hospital for a third time this summer. (I'm typing this from my phone, so excuse typos and errors.) I'm frustrated and I'm bored to death. For the second time, my stomach has decided that it has forgotten its purpose of digesting food and has made its new function throwing up food. Let's just say this whole ordeal has been the hardest experience of my young life. I am discouraged, distraught, and depressed. Mom says I've given up. I haven't. But it is so hard to stay positive. I want to be fixed. I want to be normal. I want to hang out and enjoy my summer. But I can't because I feel crappy and nauseous all the time.

I know. This too shall pass. I need to push through. And I will. It's just the meanwhile is immensely difficult.

3 comments:

  1. Relax! You can't control everything. Your body will just be ready when it's ready. I know it's hard to accept that when you haven't had a lot of experience being sick in the past, but it's true. I love you! Relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two months is a long time to feel this rough so frustration is totally understandable, even when you're still well within the expected recovery window. It will get better though and everyone's pulling for you. I promise we won't use up all the fun before you feel up to having some yourself. It won't be long until you get to look back on all this and just be glad it's over. I hope it's right around the corner for you. ♥ from Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, today I had the thought "I wonder how Debbie's doing". I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling to heal and I hope you feel better enough soon to be able to enjoy the rest of your summer. Remember, no matter what you go through, when you come out the other side you will eventually be able to find something about it that will help you be an even stronger person... I say eventually because I know there are things about my own life I didn't and couldn't appreciate until years later.

    ReplyDelete