08 May 2013

D-day:

Tomorrow's the day. Tomorrow morning I enter the operating room and come out eight hours later with a piece of my pancreas missing. Goodbye Georg, it's been fun. Then, it's into the ICU for two days and the surgery ward for two weeks after that. If I could explain the mix of emotions I'm feeling right now, I would. However, even I am confounded by how I feel.

Pray for me. Think of me. Text me funny things over the next few weeks, I could use it.

And on a happier note, my sister shared with me the best blog in the entire world: Des hommes et des chatons. Meaning, men and cats. The two most glorious things in the world. Here's a little preview:


And enjoy the rest here: http://deshommesetdeschatons.tumblr.com/

Best wishes and love to all.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck! :)
    Text me should you feel the need for a friend! We can catch up while you're confined to a stationary spot. ;)
    -Siarra
    3607215766

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, great post!! Sounds like you have been blessed with amazing women for ancestors. I definitely agree about your mom. It sounds like you are a lot like her. Heal up soon.
    All the best. Rebecca Smith

    ReplyDelete