03 September 2012

Jackie Kennedy:


Today's post is about one of my favorite women: Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. This woman was gorgeous, brilliant, strong, elegant, independent, and fashionable. I would love to be like her. And if that means becoming first lady someday, well then yes please. She was one of the greatest first ladies this country has ever had. Jackie was admired by visiting diplomats, including good ol' Khrushchev, revered for her restoration of the White House, and adored by the American public. Jackie may have been beautiful and the most important woman in the United States, but she was also real. She was well loved by us because her life was so imperfect. When she experienced a miscarriage, we wept with her; when her husband's infidelities became known, we suffered with her; when her husband was assassinated, we mourned with her; and when she married Aristotle Onassis, we rejoiced with her. If I grow up to be half the woman, mother, and wife she was, I will feel like I've made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment