05 August 2012

A Man's Man:

Mad Men is my new obsession. I can't get enough of their greased back hair, tailored suits, chain smoking, debonair charm, and blatant chauvinism. Don Draper is a god. I mean, if it weren't for his explicit infidelity, I would marry him. That charisma and perpetual five o'clock shadowed face, mmm. One look at him and you turn to putty. One look and he can make anyone: man, woman, dog, ferret, do anything he wants them to do. It is so attractive. I may be a feminist, but I  have to admit that I am also a sucker for the traditional, in-charge manly man. A man who has so much confidence that it almost borders on arrogance. A man who can control a room. A man who knows how to take initiative. A man like Donald Draper.

This show has caused me to decide that I want a man who wears a suit to work, who can fix things around the house, who is socially competent, whose work requires my attendance at occasional black or white tie cocktail parties, who is an impeccable father, who makes bank at his posh, Manhatten job, and who smokes two to three packs a day and still looks hot doing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment