06 August 2011

On Staying Active:

I hate running. I'm a swimmer, not a runner. You would think that if you were good at one that you could potentially be good at the other. However, the endurance doesn't transfer at all. Whenever I run, I feel like my internal organs are going to slip out of my body. Maybe if I worked on it, I could build up running muscles and come to enjoy it.  Although, why would I do that when I could just go swimming and enjoy it right away? Swimming is better for you anyways.

Anyways, the other day something possessed me to go running around the lake. It was probably all the junk food I ate on vacation and consequential flabbiness feeling. It was also one of those rare lovely, sunny days. So I went. I actually kind of liked it. I mean, not the running/dying/uterus bouncing part. I liked being out on the trails. The lake was gorgeous that day, I saw lots of wake-boarders face plant in the emerald water as I was panting along. Blackberries are just coming on here, so all along the path plump blackberries were ripening quickly in the sun and dangling dangerously over the trail. The air smelled like blackberries. Among the blackberry bushes, scattered wild blueberries were struggling their way to the surface. It was lovely. Oh, and there was this hot indie, bearded guy running without his shirt on. Mmm. Maybe running isn't so bad. And maybe I'll go again.

View of Lacamas Lake from the trails. A little piece of paradise only three minutes from my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment