18 June 2011

On Looks and Men:

Looks aren't everything, but they do matter. I won't pretend they don't. Although, I think most men have no clue what makes a man attractive. Nor do they realize that what makes a man attractive is different for every woman. Or that attraction grows over time, sometimes it isn't even there at the beginning. And sometimes, what a man deems as personal flaws are viewed by the woman as defining features. Attraction isn't all looks either, but looks are a part of it. I think attraction is 80% confidence and personality and only 20% looks. I mean, looks are fleeting; everyone is going to end up old and ugly. Despite this undeniable truth, every girl has some sort of essential, deal-breaker looks checklist. (Okay, maybe I'm shallow and immature and it's just me.) There is also a it-would-be-lovely-but-it-isn't-a-requirement list, but I won't start.

My checklist:
1) Tall
2) Nice butt
3) Good teeth
4) Great hair

My friend, Katherine, and I just had this conversation, which is why I'm writing about it. She agrees with me, but has a different essential, deal-breaker checklist.

Katherine's checklist:
1) Pretty eyes
2) Nice legs
3) Burly Muscles
4) Freckles

Of course, some of us are less picky...

My friend Emily's checklist:
1) Hairy chest

No comments:

Post a Comment